[LiSA-Devel] testing changes in LiSA kernel module

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Tue Mar 5 17:41:31 EET 2013

Hello,

You can build the LiSA kernel module outside of its own linux tree like
this:

      * go to the net/switch subdirectory
      * change the Makefile like this:

              * comment out the KDIR := ../.. line
              * uncomment the other 2 lines above, which define KVER and
                KDIR

      * build the module using make (with no arguments)
      * remove the currently loaded kernel module version (rmmod switch)
      * add your compiled module version (insmod ./switch.ko - from the
        net/switch subdirectory)

To build the userspace LiSA against that particular version of the
module (assuming that you made changes to the header files), you don't
have to change anything or compile the whole tree. The only requirements
are these:

      * the linux directory is called linux-2.6 and it's placed in the
        root of the LiSA git tree
      * the environment variable LINUX_DIR is not defined

You can figure this out (or further look into it) in the
userspace/scripts/Makefile.includes file.

I have tested all of this information as I assembled this mail, so the
procedures should be clean and functional.

Cheers,

Radu