[LiSA-Devel] Switch API prototyping

Andreea-Cristina Hodea andreea.cristina.hodea at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:58:15 EET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Andreea-Cristina Hodea
<andreea.cristina.hodea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now the cli makes ioctl calls and communicates with daemons (cdp,
> rstp) by using queues and shared memory. In both cases (kernel calls
> and daemons), the cli context is used and data structures defined in
> cli implementation. Should we consider that all implementations of the
> API would make use of the data structures defined in cli
> implementation?

After a discussion with Victor, we realized that some of the
structures in cli implementation would be better moved to switch API.
We're thinking that some of the data structures, like swcfgreq
shouldn't be part of the cli at all, because it will depend on the
implementation of the Switch API which structures to use. For ioctl
calls, swcfgreq and ifreq structures are being used for setting the
parameters used by the the lisa kernel implementation, but are these
structures also useful for the other proposed implementations?