[LiSA-Devel] Libnet package

Mihaela Alexandra Martinas martinas.mihaela21 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 00:17:14 EEST 2013

Hello,

I started implementing the raw_sockets and I use libnet for sending the
packets.
When I integrated the implementation with cdp I faced a problem at compile
time.

In file included from /usr/include/libnet.h:83,
                 from ../switch/raw_socket.h:23,
                 from cdpd.h:55,
                 from cdpd.c:20:
/usr/include/net/if.h:45: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
/usr/include/net/if.h:113: error: redefinition of ‘struct ifmap’
/usr/include/net/if.h:128: error: redefinition of ‘struct ifreq’
/usr/include/net/if.h:178: error: redefinition of ‘struct ifconf’

I didn't include the same headers on both files and from what I read from
the internet the problem appears because the  version of libnet that I
installed(which is for centos 6) is incompatible with the one used of glibc.

I tried with this packets:
- libnet-1.1.2.1-2.2.el6.rf.i686.rpm (this was suggested for centos 6 and
we use centos 6.3)
- libnet-1.1.5-1.el6.i686.rpm

Do you have any suggestions?

--