[LiSA-Devel] Trunk interface

Andreea-Cristina Hodea andreea.cristina.hodea at gmail.com
Tue May 21 15:37:31 EEST 2013

Hi,

I am working on removing switch commands through ioctl calls from CLI
and I would need some help to clarify some things.

First, some of the commands, like SWCFG_ADDVLANPORT and
SWCFG_DELVLANPORT are called only from swctl and not from swcli. Two
questions on this:

1. For SWCFG_ADDVLANPORT we decided not to implement it as it would
duplicate if_add_trunk_vlans [1].  I guess it's the same for
SWCFG_DELVLANPORT by calling if_del_trunk_vlans. Is it ok if I also
remove these commands from the kernel module and adapt swctl or is
there something I'm missing?

2. In cli/command/config_if.c there is an unimplemented function
called cmd_swport. I guess it was supposed to implement [ADD |
DEL]PORTVLAN?

Second, I am not sure I understand the restriction of setting a static
mac address for an interface only after setting the interface in trunk
mode. Interfaces in access mode are not allowed to have a static mac
address, but only dynamic mac?

Thanks,
Andreea

[1] https://github.com/lisa-project/lisa-user/commit/6b37c80792817d3e42b3b55846f3162c7a236d8d