[LiSA-Devel] [Bridge + 8021q] IGMP

Claudiu Ghioc claudiughioc at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:54:22 EEST 2013

Hello,

I was doing some research on IGMP support with the "bridge" module.
The documentation says that you can control the "multicast_snooping"
and "multicast_router" via sysfs
(/sys/devices/virtual/net/brN/bridge). I tried on my laptop (
3.5.0-17) and it works, but it doesn't work on our LiSA virtual
machine (2.6.32):
" echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/vlan2/bridge/multicast_snooping
bash: echo: write error: No such file or directory"

So I searched the bridge implementation for 2.6.32 on LXR and there is
no support for multicast. For the 3.5.0 version, multicast is
supported. How do we proceed now?

Thank you!

--
Claudiu Ghioc