[LiSA-Devel] Update wiki pages on getting started with LiSA

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Wed Oct 16 10:34:45 EEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 21:37 -0700, Andreea-Cristina Hodea wrote:
> I formatted my laptop and lost lisa-machine. I am creating a new one
> and wanted to know what configuration to use: what OS, what kernel
> (3.8?) and where could I find the rpm packages others than the ones
> for 2.6. I think Radu have already created new rpm packages, is this
> right? If yes, could you point where to find them?

Hi,

I haven't created any new rpm packages. The latest are built for
rhel6/centos6 (and based on kernel 2.6.32 - which is the version freeze
in rhel6). They can be found here:
http://lisa.mindbit.ro/download/lisa/rpm/centos/6/

Unless you plan to experiment with my 3.8 patch (which I haven't tested
yet, but expect not to work), you should use a 2.6.32 linux (probably
centos6) in order to have a working switch.ko module.

If you're only focusing on the libvirt integration and use bridge+8021q
as the backend for testing, you can use whatever linux you like best.
The userspace part should compile without problems on most of the newer
distros.

Cheers,

Radu