[LiSA-Devel] [Fwd: Fwd: question about compiling LiSA]

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Mon Oct 21 12:30:47 EEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 11:44 +0300, Claudiu Ghioc wrote:
> Regarding the bugs reported by the user "chicany", I was thinking we
> should update him with our conclusion. The "show run-config" bug is
> solved but the rest of them could not be replicated on my virtual
> machine. Neither on Andreea's.

I couldn't replicate the other bugs either. Perhaps you should ask him
to give you his VM image and then try to debug on that one instead.

By the way, while trying to replicate those bugs, I think I found more
(unrelated) bugs. After adding a new interface to the switch, running
config looks like this:

!
hostname centos6.localdomain
!
!
no ip igmp snooping
!
interface Ethernet 3
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-4094
 switchport mode access
!
mac-address-table static 0800.2761.80ed vlan 1 interface Ethernet 3
mac-address-table aging-time 0
!

Possible bugs:
      * "switchport trunk allowed vlan" shouldn't be there unless other
        vlans than all (which is the case here) are configured
      * "switchport mode access" shouldn't be there since it's the
        default
      * static mac 0800.2761.80ed shouldn't be there since no one
        configured it; it's equal to the bridge id, which in turn is
        equal to the mac of the first added interface; "brctl showmacs"
        lists it as local=yes - perhaps "local" macs should be filtered
        out?
      * are you sure the default aging-time for the bridge module is 0 ?

Radu