[LiSA-Users] Switch filtering

Ionut Nicu ioan.nicu at ines.ro
Sat Dec 23 02:03:53 EET 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 09:50 -0300, Bartman wrote:
> Is it possible to do some filtering with lisa (i've tried ebtables and
> iptables, but they don't affect lisa behavior) ?
> Thanks a lot.
> Lucas.

Hi Lucas,

Unfortunately lisa doesn't support filtering yet. However, since this
seems to be one of the most wanted features from our users, we plan on
giving it a high priority in our next releases.
To be clear, the next features we plan to integrate into lisa are:

- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Vlan Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)

We already have some contributed code for the above features from other
people (provided as patches for the linux-2.6.16 version of our kernel
module) but we're not very happy with this code running in kernel space.
We plan on moving it to several user space daemons.
I guess we'll include some basic layer 2 filtering abilities in a future
release, but only after the integration of the above mentioned features.

Regards,

Ionut.