[LiSA-Users] support for vendor hardware?

Glen Johnson glen.johnson at alaska.edu
Fri Dec 29 04:27:04 EET 2006

The DSS networks FAQ say they have linux driver, but whether it is available in
source form is anyone's guess.  I see there are some open-source Broadcom
drivers (for WRT54G projects, e.g. OpenWRT, Tomato, etc), but it is constructed
by reverse engineering Broadcom's binary driver.  That approach probably doesn't
scale well...

My primary interest in LiSA is the interface.  Obviously, w/o underlying
performance, it would be moot, but...  Non-technical management place a high
priority on "standard" interface (read junos or cisco).  The power and
flexibility of linux is often lost on them due to the arcane configuration and
usage of network subsystem interface.

I tried out LiSA over christmas break-  it looks promising.

Thanks for the detailed response.  Glen