[LiSA-Users] LISA and Xen / Dom0 with 2.6.16 kernel

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at ines.ro
Tue Jan 23 14:21:45 EET 2007

Hi Hans,

Although we widely use Xen here at the ISP where I work (even
lisa.ines.ro is a DomU inside a Xen machine), I haven't thought of this
setup.

So, it's not tested, but I guess it should work. As far as I know, each
Xen U domain has a corresponding virtual network device inside Dom0
(vifX.0). Packets are tunnelled between this network device inside Dom0
and the virtual network device inside DomU by means of some Xen internal
mechanism.

I think vifX.0 devices could be added as Lisa ports without any problem.
The Xen domanin startup scripts should be changed not to do the
bridge/vlan crap anymore. The Lisa swcfgload utility should be run
_after_ all U domains have started to ensure proper "port" configuration
during system startup.

If you are willing to test, I'd be glad to help you debug the Lisa part
(unless it runs out of the box :P)

Best regards,

Radu Rendec