[LiSA-Users] LiSA-Users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at ines.ro
Fri Oct 9 13:51:30 EEST 2009

Hello,

Currently we only have the very basic features:
L2: unicast switching, vlans, CDP
L3: we have per-vlan virtual interfaces (aka CPU interfaces on Cisco)
that allow us to use the standard L3 linux stack

...plus some beta-stage features:
*some* multicast switching
bonding (ether channel)
RSTP

There are no special hardware requirements; any x86 PC will do, but most
probably you'll need at least two NICs to switch traffic between.

The easiest way to get started with LiSA is install either Centos 5 or
Fedora 8 and then install the pre-built LiSA packages available in the
download section.

Once you do that, boot the LiSA-enabled kernel and then run "swcli" as
root.

Best,

Radu