[LiSA-Users] LISA on Asus router hardware

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Wed May 22 12:07:04 EEST 2013

Hi Shaiful,

According to http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start the RT N-16 is still work
in progress for OpenWRT integration. Are you sure you're able to run
OpenWRT on that box?

Anyway, the work on OpenWRT integration into LiSA has just started in
the beginning of this week and is expected to be completed by June 15th.
What we're trying to achieve is to support the OpenWRT swconfig driver
[ https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/generic/files/drivers/net/phy/swconfig.c ] API in LiSA. So even if OpenWRT runs on a particular box, the hardware switch (which is usually embedded in the CPU) must be supported by the swconfig driver in order to be able to run LiSA and properly configure VLANs, trunking and the other features.

We're also planning to use a "SOHO router" (the usual type with 4xLAN,
1xWAN, 1xWiFi ports) for development and proof-of-concept. If the Asus
RT N-16 is not an absolute requirement for your lab, we will let you
know about the brand and model that we'll use. Then you'll know for sure
that you can run LiSA on that box.

If you like, I'll keep you posted about our OpenWRT integration
progress.

Best regards,

Radu Rendec