[LiSA-Devel] [Bridge + 8021q] Multicast Router

Claudiu Ghioc claudiughioc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 19:50:08 EEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to implement the two multicast router related functions in
the switch API: mrouter_set and mrouters_get.

Mrouter_set receives as parameters a vlan_id, an interface index and a
flag (on or off). The bridge module offers the possibility to set this
option via sysfs for each interface added to a bridge.
For trunk interfaces we add to a bridge only the virtual interfaces
for each vlan in the switch (for example eth1.1, eth1.5, eth1.6). In
order to set mrouter for a trunk interface (eth1 for example) and a
given vlan (say vlan 5), I was thinking to configure mrouter in eth1.5
sysfs configuration file and for each interface to store a bitmap with
mrouter settings per vlan (as in lisa.ko).
For access interfaces a bitmap would be too much because there is only
one vlan configured on it and a simple variable would do.
What do you think about this approach?

Thank you!

--
Claudiu Ghioc