[LiSA-Users] vlan interfaces are generated with the same MAC addresses

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Mon Feb 25 22:17:19 EET 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 18:22 +0100, chicany wrote:

> I've installed LISA from rpm packages to Qemu image. It works fine
> except of trunking when two LISA Centos Qemu images are connected
> together. I found out that MAC address of particular VLAN interface is
> always the same for all my LISA QEMU nodes in my topology.
=== cut ===
> Is it any way how to change LISA to generate random MAC address for
> VLAN interface?

Hi,

There is no way to get the LiSA kernel module to generate a random MAC
address, but you can manually assign a specific (and distinct, of
course) MAC address on each node.

To do this, you need to configure a kernel module option by adding a
line to /etc/modprobe.conf (or to /etc/modprobe.d/lisa.conf, if you are
on a newer distro). The line should look like this:

options switch vif_mac=02:00:11:22:33:44

Then restart LiSA using /etc/init.d/lisa restart.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Cheers,

Radu