[Team2013] Implementation of get_vdb

Victor Duta duta.victor.marin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 21:12:59 EEST 2013

   I have a question regardin the implementation of get_vdb . We have
agreed that the function must return a vlan bitmap. In the current
implementation the kernel sends a buffer of net_switch_vdb's to userspace
containing all vlans in database . My question is should the bitmap be
constructed from within the kernel and send to userspace or use the current
implementation and construct the bitmap from within the middleware. Both
aproaches have their ups and downs . If the vdb is large (more the 128
vlans) the first aproach would be better but if we have a vdb with few
vlans then the second aproach would be better .