[LiSA-Devel] Fwd: question about compiling LiSA

Radu Rendec radu.rendec at mindbit.ro
Fri Sep 27 11:46:14 EEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 11:15 +0300, Claudiu Ghioc wrote:
> 1. I noticed the first problem yesterday with "show run-config"
> displaying all the possible VLANs. This can be fixed quickly. I will
> start looking into it.
> 2. This must be a bug in CLI.
> 3. Configuring an ethernet interface works for me. Any reasons why it
> doesn't work for him? Maybe the interface is down?
> 4. This must be a bug related to "linux" implementation. We should
> investigate the other 4 issues.
> 5. I don't know exactly whether hostname configuration should work for
> unprivileged users. Any thoughts?

For problems 1-4 I believe it would be nice to open some tickets, so we
can easily track the issues and how/when they are fixed.

What about the upcoming merge of the multi-engine branch? If these
issues are fixed on master, do you think that we'll have any: a) merge
conflicts and b) regressions when we merge the multi-engine branch?

For problem #5, he should definitely have root privileges - as for most
of the other operations (I don't think you can create bridges and add
interfaces to them without root privileges). For this particular
problem, I think you can answer him right away. Don't forget to cc his
personal address, because he's not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,

Radu